Are there any apps or anything else that improve battery life?

kelannlund

Reaction score
Is there any app available that prolongs battery life? I mostly just use my Droid 2 during the day for texting and I have to recharge after 2/3 of the day. Or are there any modifications to the settings that will significantly improve battery life?

antmeyerx

Reaction score
Was wondering the same mine does seem to die pretty quick..
im new to the droid community so im not to sure if thats normal

trook

Reaction score
You can root it and get rid of all the bull thats eating up resources! I'm running Fission Rom and I actually leave my charger at home now!!! Amazing!!... but if your not into that you can get juice defender free from the market and disable background data but you'll have to re-enable it when you want to say...download an app, update an app, or check your email. you can also set all of your motoblur crap to sync on wifi only, and set your battery to maximum saver mode. Hope this at least gives you an extra 30 minutes but I would just buy the extended battery and keep your old one charged and on you at all times if you wanna stay stock.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Juice Defender will help quite a bit
Set it to default and it turns off data when the screen is locked and not already syncing when you lock it and it will poll every 15 for email and such but for only 3 minutes
Doesn't affect calls or texts/pix at all , just data stuff

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

antmeyerx

Reaction score
Hmmm, how do i root my phone and what ROM would be perfect for me i me? and is it possible to de-root?

SparkleBunny

Reaction score
Mine is in Performance Mode, I text, email, surf, and play games frequently throughout the day, I listen to music on it, and I have to charge about every day and a half.

I'm baffled by all the complaints I hear about crappy battery life.

swagmonster

Reaction score
If I heavily use my batt I'm talkin bout txtin games email facebook music andd yt I can get around 6 hrs

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39