Argh; stuck at boot logo -- any possible fix without PC access?

typoink

Reaction score
My phone was experiencing frequent errors running Liberty 1.5, so earlier today I was attempting to flash Fission 2.5.7 to see if there was an improvement. Somewhere during the process, the phone completely locked up. I now have a phone that will turn on to the "M" logo and I can hold power+X to get to the wipe / install update.zip screen. It will not boot past the Moto screen.

Reading around, it looks like I should be able to fix this with RSDLite. I won't have access to a PC until much later today, and having my Droid working for me would be quite handy before then.

Is there anything I can try to unlock without PC access? I DO have access to another Android phone, so I can access and modify anything on the microSD card.

No worries if there's no easy option, but I thought I'd pose the question to the clever folks here.

louy99

Reaction score
Did you wipe data/factory reset before installing fission zip?

Liberated Droid2 Yo!!

OP
T

typoink

Reaction score
Not manually, but did select to wipe data & cache for the ROM. I'm not sure where in the process it froze; I never actually saw it get past the wipe.

miketoasty

Reaction score
Not manually, but did select to wipe data & cache for the ROM. I'm not sure where in the process it froze; I never actually saw it get past the wipe.

I would say SBF before you get any further. Even if you do get it to boot you may still have problems.
Also, if you wipe data/cache and its still stuck in bootloop, and you don't have a nandroid backup you will have to SBF anyways.

arsonik

Reaction score
im having the same problem, dont know what im doing and i seriously need help. I installed the latest fission rom and attempted to flash the thirdeye black theme and now im stuck on the motorola logo. it wont go to clockwork recovery to get my restore files. i booted to the regular recovery and tried to wipe everything but nothing seems to work. anybody help me out?

dbst

Reaction score
im having the same problem, dont know what im doing and i seriously need help. I installed the latest fission rom and attempted to flash the thirdeye black theme and now im stuck on the motorola logo. it wont go to clockwork recovery to get my restore files. i booted to the regular recovery and tried to wipe everything but nothing seems to work. anybody help me out?

Did you try to restore a backup? You might need to SBF too