Article - Re: Thoughts on Bionic ICS Availability

nothing new there. i like the phone . i have ics leak on it and it has been great. it is a stepchild but who cares ? removable battery . removable memory, decent battery life and with extended battery it awesome . and it on unlimeted data and it looks pretty good when docked to my tv to watch netflix :)

I heard on the ics update you can't delete Apps. Is that true

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I heard on the ics update you can't delete Apps. Is that true

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

really cant tell you i delete but i root . i know you can disable them to take them out of your app drawer. but i froze or deleted don't remember which

nothing new there. i like the phone . i have ics leak on it and it has been great. it is a stepchild but who cares ? removable battery . removable memory, decent battery life and with extended battery it awesome . and it on unlimeted data and it looks pretty good when docked to my tv to watch netflix :)
Well said - mine serves me well. After the 905 OTA debacle about which I have posted much - the Bionic with the .2233 ICS leak is pretty great. There WILL be a better phone at some point in the not too distant future - and I will probably buy it. For now, the Bionic serves my purposes.

Hopefully when VZW DOES release an ICS OTA it will not have the flaws that .905 had.

My wife is about the buy the either the Galaxy S3 or wait for the new Iphone. (please no debate on that, that isn't the point)...point is she feels guilty because it will be a full retail purchase and I will lose my unlimited data. She knows I am all Android so she says 'You can get the S3 too if you want or any other phone you want.' I thought about it and honestly, I love my Bionic. I especially love the screen in the bright sunlight. That feature is very important to me. I ride my motorcycle all over the place and I am often in the middle of nowhere standing in the sun looking at google maps. I remember my previous phone.....opening the saddle bags and leaning over them and putting the phone inside it to try and see....no thanks. My Bionic on ICS rocks.

Every phone is a stepchild in less than a year.

Tonik said:
My wife is about the buy the either the Galaxy S3 or wait for the new Iphone. (please no debate on that, that isn't the point)...point is she feels guilty because it will be a full retail purchase and I will lose my unlimited data. She knows I am all Android so she says 'You can get the S3 too if you want or any other phone you want.' I thought about it and honestly, I love my Bionic. I especially love the screen in the bright sunlight. That feature is very important to me. I ride my motorcycle all over the place and I am often in the middle of nowhere standing in the sun looking at google maps. I remember my previous phone.....opening the saddle bags and leaning over them and putting the phone inside it to try and see....no thanks. My Bionic on ICS rocks.

Every phone is a stepchild in less than a year.

Sir, you spoke to me with that story. Be it a bionic or any one of the contenders available right now, you are getting just about the same phone. However, I think the bionic is one of the most elegant phones available. And as an avid motorcyclist myself, I can attest to the screen's value on this phone.

Back