Audio suggestions for car

OP
U

urklegrue

Reaction score
If those were my concerns, I'd go with something like the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X to add an aux input. Their site lists its MSRP as $120 but street price is probably less if you look around.

Though the USA Spec PA15-HON2 looks to be a better deal for the price since you're getting an iPod interface and aux in.

Thanks! I wonder how much it would cost to have someone install it.

Or you could just not buy a Honda! ;)

Bite your tongue! :icon_ devil: Love Honda. We have two and I don't think I'd ever buy anything else.

Joshyman

Reaction score
If those were my concerns, I'd go with something like the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X to add an aux input. Their site lists its MSRP as $120 but street price is probably less if you look around.

Though the USA Spec PA15-HON2 looks to be a better deal for the price since you're getting an iPod interface and aux in.

Thanks! I wonder how much it would cost to have someone install it.

Or you could just not buy a Honda! ;)

Bite your tongue! :icon_ devil: Love Honda. We have two and I don't think I'd ever buy anything else.

Haha OK ill stop picking on ya :D

Joshyman

Reaction score
Well it may be a minivan, but owning a Droid cancels that out and makes you super cool! ;)

skidemn

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey with no cassette player and no auxiliary jack in the front. Strangely there is one in the very back row that seems to connect to the DVD system. I live in a big metropolitan area and there are very few FM stations free, so I found the FM transmitter really spotty when I used it with the ipod.

So my question is, if you were me, how would you connect the Droid's audio to the car speakers? A really long cable to the back row input? Or should I just get a bluetooth speakerphone and forget about ever using the car speakers again?

Most aux inputs will not work with DVD equipped vehicles, however the PA15HON2 would work if you want to spend the money for an iPod interface just to get aux in. Instead I would use this input from PIE: Toyota Triple Auxiliary Input for 2003-up Factory Radios - X3+X3TOY03. It is a tripple aux input which you may never use the other two inputs, but the point is it works with DVD equipped vehicles by installing in between the radio and the DVD. With this connected all you need is a 3.5mm to RCA cable.

EDIT: I forgot to check the year of the vehicle. I'll have to call PIE to see if the 2007 is included since the manual is so old it was made before that car existed.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield... they'll show you whats the right fit and usually provide all the connectors and manuals for free. There is nothing hard about replacing a head-unit and it's WELL worth it. You'll be surprised at how much better you audio with sound even with the stock speakers (though you could pick those up cheap too).

Car Selector