backup restore

rmcelroy

Reaction score
I am fairly new to this scene...

I have recently put Liberty 1.5 on my phone. I was wondering about backup restores...

Surely there has to be a quick and eacy way to reload specific apps/contacts/ect?

for example, say Liberty 2.0 comes out, if I make a full backup, wipe my phone, and install 2.0, what would be the quickest/easiest way to reload all my stuff?

thanks!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for apps, you can use titanium backup to backup and restore user apps and data. as for contacts you can open up your contacts app and hit menu and then import export and eport to the sd card, then when you boot u you can import them again.

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
cool, so the full backup that was made is just for restoring a FUBAR device then?

it's all or nothing... there is no way to go in and restore items from it once you load a new ROM?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
exactly. the backup in clockwork is all or nothing for either a damaged phone or to revert to pick up updates.

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
awesome. I am going to try out titanium backup now.

thanks!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you have any questions let me know. also just as an fyi, it doesn't really matter going from liberty 1.5 to 2.0 but when restoring apps from one rom to another never restore system apps. it can cause problems.

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
ok, next retarded question...

so, I backed up my contacts (I thought I had around 75) I upgraded to Liberty 2.0, then I imported my contacts... (around 400?!) I obviously did something wrong.

is there an easy way to delete all contacts? then I will ujst sync with exchange and let it import what i have form there.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i had this happen after i returned from gingerbread. i noticed they were all syncd to google so i just deleted them from my gmail acct on my computer.

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
yea, I just noticed they were synched to google as well. It appears that google creates a contact for you whenever you send an email to someone?

if your contacts synch with that... wil;l it then create a new phone contact every time you send an email to someone new?

if I delete ALL of the contacts out of google, then synch with exchange and turn off gmail contact synch, will I be good?

PhillJ

Reaction score
yea, I just noticed they were synched to google as well. It appears that google creates a contact for you whenever you send an email to someone?

if your contacts synch with that... wil;l it then create a new phone contact every time you send an email to someone new?

if I delete ALL of the contacts out of google, then synch with exchange and turn off gmail contact synch, will I be good?

Bumper car

OP
rmcelroy

rmcelroy

Reaction score
I found that yes, after I do the inital synch and it loads all of my google contacts, I just do a mass delete of my gmail contacts, make sure my device is synching with my corporate email.

then I turn off gmail contact synch. then i can import all of the contacts I just deleted with the backup I made.

:icon_ banana: then I can air hump like a banana