bad/poor call quality on your nexus?

outerwave

Reaction score
the holidays have brought to my attention some problems with call quality. i live in chicago and get great signal, but my calls are always distorted. as soon as it starts ringing it cuts in and out a bit with digital breakage. like i had zero bars and made a phone call from a basement.

i had to enter a replacement creditcard number on an automated service and even after 6 tries couldnt get it in because of the distortion. calling cust. service, i couldnt understand them clearly.

real bummer.

ive used the regular handset, wired headset, bluetooth, speaker, all the same. i tried flashing the new radios from XDA but it didnt make a difference. ive even SBF'd (or equivalent) when playing with wallet. i'm seeing a lot of people having similar issues online but like they say, happy customers dont post that often.

should i be taking it back? am i getting a refurb now? i'm in it to win it with this phone and want to be happy, but this part i'm struggling with....

advice?

alucard9114

Reaction score
Do you have any 3rd party audio apps or music apps installed? This has been a huge factor for me specifically with volume + if so tweek some settings or uninstall
all those audio apps and start over.

OP
O

outerwave

Reaction score
with apps, with no apps, just crackle... sigh. i'm one of those people that use tons of data but make 40mins of calls month, often less. but those few minutes are proving excruciating. i'll try a swap in a bit.