Beginner Question

nooter99

Reaction score
I downloaded a .ppt file from my Yahoo mail, I was able to view it fine, but if I close the browser, where can I find the file to view it again. As you can tell, I'm smartphone illiterate!

kbrede

Reaction score
I downloaded a .ppt file from my Yahoo mail, I was able to view it fine, but if I close the browser, where can I find the file to view it again. As you can tell, I'm smartphone illiterate!

Most of my downloads end up on the sdcard, under "downloads." Grab a file manager off Market and navigate to "downloads." I like Astro file manager but there are others out there.
hth,
Kent

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Not sure I understand, how do I get to "downloads"? can I get there without a file manager app?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get the file manager from the store. You will see the downloads folder in there.

kbrede

Reaction score
If there's another way to get there, without a file manager, I don't know how. Go to "Market" on your Droid, search for "Astro File Manager" and install. Once it's installed, start Astro and look for the "downloads" directory. Again, there are other file managers you can try, just using Astro as a suggestion.
Kent

kbrede

Reaction score
If you have software that will read .ppt, which I guess you must, you should also be able to navigate to the file with that program.
Kent

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Did the Astro download, works great. Thanks guys.
I gotta say, I know virtually nothing about smart phones (not to mention computers in general), picked up the Droid earlier today, this thing rocks! Easy to learn for dummies like me. This forum is gonna get a lot of use from me!

boatman2220

Reaction score
If you do some reading, a bit of poking around you'll soon have it all figured out. Your phone isn't rooted right now so you aren't likely to mess anything up. A restart or a battery pull will take care of most anything you do to it. Get a app that's giving you problems just uninstall it and download another. Read the reviews see how others have liked it. Some apps aren't ready for the Droid yet. Important thing is use it, you aren't going to hurt it. Don't go deleting files or folders unless you made them and know what they are.