Bluetooth Connection

parrj

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having a problem connect my Droid to my bluetooth. The bluetooth headset is about 2yrs old. Had it with my LG Dare. Was working fine at the point of switch over.

So I go in, turn on BT, make the phone discoverable and scan for devices. The only device my phone finds is my neighbors computer. The light on my BT headset is on but nothing I do will link them.

Help please!!!!

Trip

Reaction score
You dont make the phone discoverable if your pairing a headset, you need to put the headset in broadcast mode.

Ususally you just hold down the power button for a few seconds after the device powers up (you dont let go of it from when you turn it on, just hold it down) and that puts the headset in broadcast mode so the phone can find it. Unfortunatly that may NOT be how your headset works, but you need to make the headset available to pair with the phone.

You can usually check the manufacturers website and find an online manual that will tell you how to pair the headset if you cant remember/dont have the manual any more.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Another problem is if you updated.

I have my phone connected via bluetooth to my computer. Nothing worked for bluetooth until i re-paired the phone and my computer. Guess 2.0.1 ignores the previous bluetooth settings.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I have my phone connected via bluetooth to my computer. Nothing worked for bluetooth until i re-paired the phone and my computer. Guess 2.0.1 ignores the previous bluetooth settings.

I didn't have this issue at all :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

I didn't have this issue at all :)

Interesting. Really takes a new meaning to "every unit is different". Some Droids going crazy, some are normal.

This bluetooth problem might've been cause of my PC too, dunno.

OP
P

parrj

Reaction score
You dont make the phone discoverable if your pairing a headset, you need to put the headset in broadcast mode.

Ususally you just hold down the power button for a few seconds after the device powers up (you dont let go of it from when you turn it on, just hold it down) and that puts the headset in broadcast mode so the phone can find it. Unfortunatly that may NOT be how your headset works, but you need to make the headset available to pair with the phone.

You can usually check the manufacturers website and find an online manual that will tell you how to pair the headset if you cant remember/dont have the manual any more.

Thanks buddy, I was able to figure the problem out and get the headset working with your advice.

PopMuzik

Reaction score

dezy, how did you get your computer to connect to the Droid with Bluetooth? I've been trying, and they are paired, but won't connect. My Jawbone headset works flawlessly on Bluetooth. I know they both can't work at the same time, but why one and not the other? Thanks!

Pop