Bootloop after sbf

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I just sbf my phone. It is stuck in a bootloop.

I was trying to install a theme for liberty and it went bad somehow. I was stuck in the bootlogo. I figured I would just sbf. So I did and now RSDlite says under status: Please manually power up this phone.

It is showing the liberty bootanimation but its bootlooping. Can I unplug my phone and pull the battery?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, unplug, pull the battery and reinstall, hold home and power as it boots, release and hit the search key at the droid/triangle/exclamation mark screen, wipe data, wipe cache, reboot

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Thank you. I know you can't unplug the phone during an sbf and wasn't sure if it was safe to do it then or not. Thank you.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem, RSD usually stops at that point and you need to factory reset

Difault

Reaction score
Yeah my phone did the same thing. I've SBF'd my phone numerous times and not one time have I escaped a boot loop. But battery pull, boot recovery, data wipe/factory reset, and cache wipe always fixes it.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
That was like the 5th I sbf my phone and the first time it bootlooped. I just wasn't sure if it was safe to pull it off the cord yet or not cuz I'm never sure when its safe. I know if u pull it too early then you can brick your phone.

Thanks for the info guys!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums