Camera error

fahrni

Reaction score
Trying to launch camera but get a black screen for 10 seconds then a box saying Camera Error Please Restart Camera. I have tried multiple camera apps, a factory reset, and multiple apps after the reset. Any thoughts or am I going to have to call to try for a replacement?
Running KK and otherwise love the phone. Thx.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sound like you've tried everything there is to try. I would call your carrier and request a replacement or repair.

tap'n on my S5

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Kind of sounds like a hardware issue...especially if its still happening after a FDR. One thing Verizon or Moto might ask before a warranty claim is Safe Mode. You could try uninstalling any Play Store camera apps so its back to the stock camera. Then run the phone in Safe Mode (prevents all Play Store apps from running...only the stick apps run) and see if the camera acts the same. If you still have the problem...its probably bad hardware.

doogald

Reaction score
Seems cameras are Motorola's Achilles heel. They can do everything right but never the camera.

Yes, let's hope they finally decided to use state of the art sensors and optics for their next phones. Of all of the things to "cheap out" on in a smartphone, the camera is a dumb idea these days.