Can I do forever root after flashing Liberty ROM... I am still on 5.5.886

RSC450

Reaction score
It is to my understanding that there is a new OTA update coming out soon that could cause me to loose root.

I rooted my bionic and flashed the Liberty 1.0 ROM on 5.5.886 and currently still have 5.5.886. On P3droids way of doing the forever root it requires stock 5.5.886.

If I am still on 5.5.886 with the Liberty ROM installed can I just go ahead and enter the text in root explorer to maintain a forever root or should I flash back to my "back up" I took after obtaining root and prior to flashing the Liberty 1.0 ROM?

Also if there is another way of getting forever root, feel free to share. If I missed any important steps feel free to correct me as I am new to this.

Thanks

OP
R

RSC450

Reaction score
You should be fine since you are still on .886.

I just added the forever root into root explorer. Everything seems to have gone well, booted up normally. I guess the true test to see if it worked is to wait for the OTA update lol.

Quick question for you, are you running .893? If so does it actually help with the battery percentage?

Also thanks for the quick response

ripper2860

Reaction score
Nope. Never went and applied a Cheescake/Leaked OTA so Kernel and Radio never changed. Rolled back System to STOCK for [R3]BLURR3D and sitting pat awaiting the OTA.