can i shut off USB-charging?

RoyR80

Reaction score
I think the title kind of says it all. If i wanna transfer sum files or what not, i may not always want my computer to charge my phone. can i disable this, easily/at will? Thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
why would you not want it to charge it at the same time? is it really that big of a deal

OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score
why would you not want it to charge it at the same time? is it really that big of a deal

Yes, lol, it is to me. :-( maybe im just ocd?
i dont want to randomly bump a lil juice into my fone. Its very rare that i'd far from a charger, i wont charge till my batts at 40-30%. getting a lil bump only resets things like Batt left times.

Last edited:
OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score

Could you maybe explain your reasoning?

^^^ - well if im at 50% and do sum USB now my batt. is a little more charged but when i use a program to check if any app is open, or may have a mem. leak all info is reset to the point the fone was removed from the charger. (not the last time the batt was 100%) :-/ which often mean that "display" is going to be a main batt drain culprit, but may not ness. be true and/or evident till some time has elapsed.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

^^^ - well if im at 50% and do sum USB now my batt. is a little more charged but when i use a program to check if any app is open, or may have a mem. leak all info is reset to the point the fone was removed from the charger. (not the last time the batt was 100%) :-/ which often mean that "display" is going to be a main batt drain culprit, but may not ness. be true and/or evident till some time has elapsed.

Well if you are talking about an app killer, then I wouldn't worry about it. Killing apps is almost always unnecessary and should only be used to kill a unruly app. If you are not talking about a task killer, then maybe you can try to explain it again? Sorry, that is just what I got from this :)

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think what he's saying is that when he checks the battery usage he doesn't want it getting reset by usb charging because he's plugged it in for a few min.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score

Well if you are talking about an app killer, then I wouldn't worry about it. Killing apps is almost always unnecessary and should only be used to kill a unruly app. If you are not talking about a task killer, then maybe you can try to explain it again? Sorry, that is just what I got from this :)

In app "Battery left" - it gives u info regarding how much each app is draining the batt. (similar to the stock/system) When the Fone is unplugged it resets how much each app is using the batt. i dont want it reseting this info when my batts at (99-29%) so if i can stop it from charging on usb i wont plug into the wall. i know theres a diff in the kernel, that identifies what the fone is plugged into.

OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score
I think what he's saying is that when he checks the battery usage he doesn't want it getting reset by usb charging because he's plugged it in for a few min.

Yes, amen, correct. ;-)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes, amen, correct. ;-)

Oh, ok. I misunderstood then. I gave up on reading how long my battery last. I could see how this would be a cool idea though :)

OP
RoyR80

RoyR80

Reaction score

Yes, amen, correct. ;-)

Oh, ok. I misunderstood then. I gave up on reading how long my battery last. I could see how this would be a cool idea though :)

i find that during fone use its worthless, lol. but if i know im not going to be using it, its very accurate at letting me know if i can make it thru ________ without charging... lol