cannot access recovery

The Jroid

Reaction score
I went to Gingerbread .1 from Froyo (used the foyo to GB nightly). I then went to go to GBV.5 and everytime I go to install in recovery I see the first part of the liberty logo (Just LIBERTY in silver, no the eagle) and the screen goes black and stays that way. I battery pull and restart and it loads right up to my regular phone homescreen.

I have tried to boot into recovery through ROM Manager and also tried it Manually, I find the same issue.

1 time Rom Manager gave me an error and it said something about not being able to access Update zip.

I was ready to .sbf back to stock but I don't even think I can because I can't access the recovery.

What can I do?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need to get to recovery to sbf. You need to go onto bootloader mode. From there you sbf

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

OP
T

The Jroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the respond

I have been trying to flash .sbf and this is the error I keep getting...

21:00:19, May 07, 2011
Line: 868
ERROR: \\?\c:\r.sbfž contains an invalid path.
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp
21:00:19, May 07, 2011
Line: 552
ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
Device ID: 0

I am on windows 32bit, my drivers are up to date, rsd lite4.9, tried multiple .sbf files. I can't do the normal fix of changing the junk characters because I am getting a different error.

Any ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This seems beyond me. I have no experience with this error so I'm not sure. You might check with rescue squad. Sorry I can't be of more help. Are you sure you have the full sbf? You said you have the drivers and rsd lite 4.9... I'll do some looking around but hopefully someone here with more experience will step in. All the best

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!