Can't download pics and vids from text messages

dinoant

Reaction score
I got my droid 2 a week ago, and one thing that bothers me is the text messaging. I've had friends text me pictures and videos but I can never receive them. I get a message telling me to download the file, but when i click download, it says downloading and nothing happens past that. The file never downloads and I am unable to see anything in those messages. Please help!

stabl4life82

Reaction score
try downloading chomp sms or handcent sms and see if that solves the problem..if not, then go into ur settings in ur messaging app and see if there is something in there disabling u from getting them

OP
D

dinoant

Reaction score
okay im trying to download chomp,its been like 30 minutes and it hasnt downloaded. but i didnt see any settings preventing me from getting messages

section88co

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. tried handcent and it works fine. when you look at message details in the stock app all of the ones that won't open show a size of 1kb.

Dale Mattinson

Reaction score
Hey I got my pictures to work this is how

I got frustrated and called verizon for support. They had me go into manage applications...then all applications....and open my internet browser and Market. Then I cleared the cache on them both. After that I went back to my texts and my messages download perfectly. I think I just need to clear the cache peridoically. I hope this helps

sirryan1

Reaction score
Found a Fix to stalled multimedia files sent via text message

Here it is
I have a Samsung Captivate by AT&T. I have been having issues with receiving multimedia files (specifically pictures). To fix this issue I turned on "Data Network Mode" aka 3G. Then I went to the "messaging" app and at the main screen where it shows you the threads and option to create a new message hit the "menu key" (key to the far left that looks like a piece of paper with two lines on it). go to "settings" and scroll down to "auto retrieve" and unclick it. This will give you the option to download each picture individually when you go back into the thread where you are trying to get your pics.

If you forget to turn on 3G before you click "download" on your file in the thread, then just back out of the message screen and then go back it. This will get your "download" button back to get it.

Note: you may need to turn off wifi for the 3G to activate and take over before downloading your pic.

Let me know if this helps!

Ryan

BlackBarbie

Reaction score
Problems retrieving videos through messages

I've had my droid for a few months now, every time I try to download a video that my friends have sent to me it will download completely and then show me a blank text.

Is my droid not compatible with getting videos or is my phone glitchy? The same thing is happening with my mother's phone and I'm really confused as to why it won't work.
I have a camera so my phone must be compatible with getting videos.

Can anyone help me as to why this isn't working?