Can't get rid of notification msg: ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook"

HowieB

a fix i found

i went into the apps>all. scrolled down to the facebook for HTC sense> opened that and selected clear data. the notification went away immediately. i also took facebook out of app sync.

oktzai

HTC salsa facebook authentication issue

This is a facebook privacy settings problem. Here are the instructions to fix the problem that I got from HTC customer service. Once I turned on platform applications, the notification did not reappear.

"This sounds like you need to enable HTC Sense to access your Facebook account via the Facebook website. To do this, log into your Facebook account from a PC. On the top right of facebook, click account > privacy settings.
Under Applications and Websites on the bottom left, click "edit your settings" for using applications, games, and websites. Under the list of most recently used applications, check for a link that says "turn ON platform applications.". If you have this link, click it then test to see if you can connect with your phone. If you do not have this link, go back one page to privacy settings, and under "Block Lists" select "Edit your lists" of blocked people and applications. If HTC Sense is on the list, click unblock."

I tried above mentioned procedure but fruitless.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
I tried above mentioned procedure but fruitless.

Only one question... Do you use Facebook? If not all the answers are simple(disable/uninstall). If you do. Either A) authorize HTC Sense to access Facebook or B) disable the built-in Facebook apps and install the official Facebook app from the Play Store.

Ajaycloud

hi guys am ajay from Sivakasi, Tamilnadu. i got solution for that htc sense authorization problem in Facebook. open facebook - accounts - account settings - apps - remove htc sense.
then restart the phone then u wont find that htc sense notification. After this open ur facebook then it wont ask for htc sense authorization.

enjoy my friends

Last edited: