can't get rid of Slacker Radio app ?

ambrown

Reaction score
@DiggableDroid
Any time. I'm glad I could clarify. I too have the slacker app and other bloat I'd love to eradicate but am stuck with. But I will likely end up rooting my phone soon so I can rid myself of the bloat and perhaps take advantage of some root only apps.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

justageek

Reaction score
The only thing that slacks using slacker is me - the thing (along with other crapware

The only thing that slacks using slacker is me - the thing (along with other crapware make my phone as unusable as a WinCE phone...

I have a Droid RAZR and it takes about 23 seconds from press the button, use the slider, and use the dot-pattern lock and - finally I can see the desktop and watch it bog down as I select an app...

Luckily I seldom take calls (for the most part I roll over to vmail and return calls). When I DO take the call the phone is so slow that I get nothing as the callers were time sensitive and the long duration between the press of the button to receive the call and the ability to talk/hear is far too prolonged.

The crapware that is always taking up resources by running include (and don't tell me that they are idle and take no resources as killing one of them positively affects performance)...

- slacker
- My Verizon Mobile
- Maps
- Social networking (WTF is this - I don't even know how to use wastebook nor mywaste)
- My Files
- You tube - why? I have not gone to youtube on this phone in weeks (I manually reboot every day)
- My Gallery (I have 2 pics on the phone - why is this running?)
- Voicemail - now what is voicemail app used for when I have no voice mail
- Voice commands - huh!? I have never used voice controls on the phone and they don't work with Silicon Valley accent anyway
- MOTOACTV - what? I want this uninstalled - not taking up resources... I don't use this thing and have no idea how I would (do not care to learn either)

Some of the resource wasting apps I installed I have begun to contact so as to fix this stupidity:
- Docs (google)
- mailDroid - I really want to delete the gmail and email apps since they are unused
- Chomp (isn't this called by an intent? If so why is it loaded/running?)
- IP Cam Viewer (I don't use this except at home)
- acal - again the google calendar needs to be removable as I use this since it allows my personal calendar server (there is no need for this to run all the time - probably only needs to set up an intent or the like and reopen
- Note Everything (why? this should be run until I exit it and only started at tap)
- Google search - well this is sort of a widget, so it is reasonable
- Pogoplug - There is no reason for it to run since it is not transferring nor am I accessing
- Alarm & Timer - OK - well this could be optimized so it is not loaded until the alarm event comes about

To continue with this rant....
I have 24 apps "hidden" as they are never used - Why not let me delete them!!!
To list the useless amongst them...

- Amazon Kindle
- Google books
- email
- Gmail
- IM
- Messaging
- MOTOACTV
- MOTOPRINT
- NetFlix
- News
- NFL Mobile
- Slacker (already listed)
- Social Location
- Social Networking
- Talk (this may have a use - I don't know of one)
- Text Messaging (I use Chomp)
- V Cast Tones
- Verizon Video
- VideoSurf
- VZ Navigator

Those hidden that are probably used:
- Flash player
- QuickOffice (the built in one I use for PDFs)
- Device Setup (well it may have been used once)
- Guided Tours (well it was never used - but its presence is understandable)

DIE WORTHLESS RESOURCE ABUSING APPS NOW!

=