Can't install any Rom, stuck on black screen with the samsung galaxy s3 logo

Reaction score
I own a GALAXY S3 from VZ, I'm rooted, bootloader unlocked, I have been able to install any rom, but after installing CYANOGEN MOD 10, I haven't been able to install any other roms but AOSP, I was able to restore my stock backup with TW, but that's it...I'm wipping data, cache, dalvik all the regular process and it installs it, but it gets stock on the black screen with the samsung galaxy s3 logo...Thank you

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I own a GALAXY S3 from VZ, I'm rooted, bootloader unlocked, I have been able to install any rom, but after installing CYANOGEN MOD 10, I haven't been able to install any other roms but AOSP, I was able to restore my stock backup with TW, but that's it...I'm wipping data, cache, dalvik all the regular process and it installs it, but it gets stock on the black screen with the samsung galaxy s3 logo...Thank you

Try using ODIN to restore to complete stock and re-root and re-unlock and see if that makes a difference....thats about all i can think of!

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
Unfortunately

I already tried that and still the only roms I can install are the cyanogen ones, completely Odin everything even unlocked rw rooted and nothing!

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I already tried that and still the only roms I can install are the cyanogen ones, completely Odin everything even unlocked rw rooted and nothing!

Wow...that's weird...I never installed cm10 but I haven't had one problem with my phone....maybe the flash counter has something to do with it?

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
I installed slim bean right now, but only aosp roms can get installed, but if I tried beancustom or taste of beans roms they can't be installed, I'm starting to think that maybe has something to do with the kernels, but that flashing count maybe has something to do with it, how do I reset that?

Spartans_08

Reaction score
I installed slim bean right now, but only aosp roms can get installed, but if I tried beancustom or taste of beans roms they can't be installed, I'm starting to think that maybe has something to do with the kernels, but that flashing count maybe has something to do with it, how do I reset that?

You have to install triangle away from the market..I think its like 2.50 or something...works perfectly though

OP
christiansectas
Reaction score
I installed triangle away bought it from the market to donate, and even though I have installed tons of roms before, the count says zero, should I still reset this?

CSharpner

Reaction score
Me too

I installed triangle away bought it from the market to donate, and even though I have installed tons of roms before, the count says zero, should I still reset this?

I've got a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 and I also installed the CM10 nightly ROM. It hung up during the boot animation. Now, I cannot install ANY ROMs at all, except the stock ROM (or was it a restore? I don't recall). I'd already gone through the process of purchasing, installing, and running "Triangle Away" and nothing I do fixes the problem.

Based on your experience, I'm now convinced that CM10 modified something really important that none of our rooting tools are aware of. I think we both need to notify the CM team of this.