Can't tag friends on FB mobile app in status or comment...HELP!

peacebaby914

Reaction score
When I first started using it, I was able to tag friends in comments and status updates just by starting to type their NAME. Then I had to use the @ symbol before the name. Now it won't tag friends at ALL (besides in pics) in any posts, status updates, or comments!
This is VERY frustrating, & I have been searching for an answer for 4 & 1/2 hours!
I just want to tag friends' names in my comments or posts.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and no help.

Last edited:

Sarah Mack

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
It is now August '14 and nobody else had an answer to this?
I am having this same problem now but it just started for me.
I can even tag people who aren't in my friends list if I am on my laptop but I can't tag certain people who are in my friends list while I am using the facebook app on my Samsung Galaxy S3. At first I thought it was because of some settings that I had been tinkering around with but since I can tag pretty much anybody in the internet universe while I am on my computer (no settings changed), I think it may be the Facebook app having fits.
I hope it resolves soon.
Best of luck to you ^original poster "peacebaby914"

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's probably a Facebook app issue.. I have an issue after their last update too.. Mine is a video player problem.

Try going into manage apps, find Facebook (probably in downloaded) clear the cache and force stop the app.. Then try again.. If its stil happening I'd submit a bug report..

For such a large company, Facebook has a terrible app.. It's getting better.. But still lousy

Fearcandy666

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S4 Active
So I managed to figure it out, I think. I tried the force stop and clear cache as above but it didn't work so I cleared all data using the application manager then logged in from scratch.

When the logging in box came up it had my mobile number in the email feed. I think the app must have logged in using that by default, and when I changed it to my email address and logged in, bam, everyone's back in my trading lists!

tiffanysharie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
This is happening to me when I try to tag my husband. He's the only person it's happening with. I have tried EVERYTHING. Nothing is working. I'm so aggravated.