Car dock phone audio for Droid X?

aaron silidker

Reaction score
I am very interested in purchasing a droid x.

Question about phone call audio in the car dock....

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone or was this obvious feature totally passed over? I am not familiar with the google android OS AT ALL! Is this something that someone may have a hack or application for the in the future if it is not possible?

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case? If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?

Thanks everyone!

ninjabox

Reaction score
I was using the navigation the other day and when I had an incoming call, my phone rang just like it would any other time. When I hit answer, it was on speaker phone. I'm sure if your useing pandora or something it will pause it just like it would any other time you got a call.

FastEddie

Reaction score

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone or was this obvious feature totally passed over? I am not familiar with the google android OS AT ALL! Is this something that someone may have a hack or application for the in the future if it is not possible?

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case? If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Thirdly, I assume a good bluetooth device would solve both of the above if they are not possible?

Thanks everyone!
Well yes if you have the cable that cam with the Dock, If your Unit has an MP3 1/8 port then yes it will I was just playing with it to night. I had to pull my Head Unit to Get to My Plug,But its Nice dancedroid

AzJazz

Reaction score
My answers are below.

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone?

Yes

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case?

Maybe. Depends on how loud your car environment is. The DX has above-average noise cancellation for a cellphone, but if you're crankin' Lady Gag-me at ear-bleed levels in your monster truck, then - No.

If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Yes.

Yes, and probably the best way to go, anyways.

Thanks everyone!

Your welcome! :)

OP
A

aaron silidker

Reaction score
My answers are below.

Can the phone play audio through the vehicle speakers with the aux port and use its own microphone to do speakerphone?

Yes

Without bluetooth, is the built in speaker decent enough to do speakerphone if the above is not the case?

Maybe. Depends on how loud your car environment is. The DX has above-average noise cancellation for a cellphone, but if you're crankin' Lady Gag-me at ear-bleed levels in your monster truck, then - No.

If there is an incoming call answered, will the phone silence an app such as pandora for the duration of the call?

Yes.

Yes, and probably the best way to go, anyways.

Thanks everyone!

Your welcome! :)

THANKS!

So just to confirm the first answer...if a call comes in while in the car dock connected to my car headunit aux port with the pandora app on, the call audio will come out of the car speakers once the call is answered?

Does the incredible behave the same way?

Verizon corporate said no to both, but the guys in the store said yes. Too bad verizon corporate stores are too silly to have demo phones to try out in the car!

DroidX101

Reaction score
I know this not good but it does play thru the speakers.i love my dock in the car.i can even watch movies.lol