Charging Port

Is it just me or are others having issues using the charging port on the Rezound? I always feel like I'm going to bend something when I'm trying to plug my phone in to charge. Has anyone attempted to use a regular USB charger in this port and had success charging? I just don't understand why they had to make this so different then all of the other Android phones.

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Mine charges with the USB fine. And yes, it is tight, but remember it is also the HDMI out as well.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

didiwags

I have used both the charger it came with and my old Droid X charger on it. Both work fine and yes it will be tight since it is a multi function port.

Sent from my Rezound

Mike8016

So my usb charging port is messed up and it will only charge when the phone is in certain positions. I called verizon and they are sending me a replacement but my phone is rooted and i'm pretty sure there is a flash counter on here. I know there is a way to clear the flash counter but is there any way i can fix the usb port? I rather keep this phone than get a replacement.

music life

Ah, Well I used my charger that came with my X2 on my S3 for awhile bc the cord was longer. Then it started doing what yours is so I switched to the charger that came with the S3 and all is fine.... Just have to use a shorter cable now :/

Mike8016

Ah, Well I used my charger that came with my X2 on my S3 for awhile bc the cord was longer. Then it started doing what yours is so I switched to the charger that came with the S3 and all is fine.... Just have to use a shorter cable now :/

Weird thing Is that the car charger dosent work either

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

skennelly

The charging cord should not be an issue. They went to the universal micro usb for a reason. Chances are, if you keep your phone in your pocket that there is likely lint in the charging port that is keeping it from making a solid connection.

jared845

The charging cord should not be an issue. They went to the universal micro usb for a reason. Chances are, if you keep your phone in your pocket that there is likely lint in the charging port that is keeping it from making a solid connection.
Just to add to that maybe use compresed air like dust off and blow it out in the port???

dirtyred138

I had the same issue. Replaced my gs3 twice. It was the chord I used for a car charger that was shorting out my charge ports. I have since discarded the offending chord. No more issues.

pcfix

s3 charging port fix

So my usb charging port is messed up and it will only charge when the phone is in certain positions. I called verizon and they are sending me a replacement but my phone is rooted and i'm pretty sure there is a flash counter on here. I know there is a way to clear the flash counter but is there any way i can fix the usb port? I rather keep this phone than get a replacement.

90% of the time charging issues are caused by dirty pin connectors on the s3 port they get filled with crap and every time the charger is plugged in it compacts this dirt and makes things worse i have fixed all my friends s3's and all of them had the same problem
fix: 1 can of contact cleaner
spray a small amount inside phone port and then in charger plug insert and remove plug about 6 times respray both the plug and charger port and repeat this about 5 times and all is good if its not your phone port must be damaged and will need repairing by a technician.

i have had no problems doing this but still attempt at your own risk as i will not be held responsible for any broken phones

wcjeep

The youtube video linked below is not specific to your problem. It's a full teardown. I used this video to swap the wife's headphone jack. The MicroUsb is further along than her problem. Have you considered wireless QI charging? Just converted mine last night. It also works through my Lifeproof Nuud case. I can't say which components are the best. I'll post links to what I bought.

S3 Teardown
[video=youtube;eo93EF7rVIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo93EF7rVIw&list=TLAAW48iSGrGU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

QI sticker
Amazon.com: SainSonic QI Standard Wireless Charger Receiver Tag for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 i9305 LTE: Cell Phones & Accessories

LG QI charger, $40 at Verizon
Amazon.com: LG Electronics WCP-300 Wireless Charging Pad - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories