Comparisons Between CM7 for Droid/Droid 2?

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I was thinking about rooting my GFs OG Droid. Compared to my phone that thing is a TURD! I know nothing about how to do it or what ROMs might be best for that device. Since I like CM7 I would probably just go with it for her.

Does anybody know how similar this ROM is on the two devices? Any advice on where to start learning how to root the OG Droid would be appreciated as well!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I wouldn't call it a turd..I have had both the Droid 1 and Droid 2 and I prefer the D1 by a landslide. The roms though should be nearly identical assuming you are running the same version on both.

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a turd..I have had both the Droid 1 and Droid 2 and I prefer the D1 by a landslide. The roms though should be nearly identical assuming you are running the same version on both.

Sorry, what I meant was the performance is a turd, not the phone itself. I personally like the device very much, but in it's current state it is extremely laggy and laden with glitches. A turd in in the performance arena compared to mine, that's all.

azules9780

Reaction score
I had a Droid 1 as well and I definitely wouldn't call it a turd either. Until I shattered the screen, my phone would happily hum along at 1.2ghz which made it quite snappy! Plus, there were custom roms out the wazoo for it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I was finally able to finish rooting the Droid 1 and installing CM7 on it. WOW! what a PITA that was compared to the method (z4root) for the Droid 2!!! I couldn't find any easy way to get it done, just a 20+ step process highlighted by about 30 paragraphs of instruction, LOL!

Anyway, I did finally get it done but the performance on Droid 1 pales in comparison to the performance of my Droid 2. Quadrant scores on it were in the 800s, my D2, running the same ROM, is averaging about 2,500. Anybody know if this is just due to limitations of the hardware or if there is some way speed that thing up a little?