compatibility with Garmin

don6060

Reaction score
I have found that my Droid is not fully compatible with my Garmin GPS 760. It will not display the phone book and the caller ID does not function. Conversation with Garmin tech reps indicate that this is a compatibility issue and that droid is not on their list of compatible cell phones. Could this be rectified to be more in line with the safety while driving?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Hmmm...I have a Garmin 680 and the phonebook syncs just fine and I get caller id. What happens when you turn on bluetooth and try to connect them? One thing I did wrong the first few times I tried it - when you attempt to connect them the first time you get a notification on your Droid and you must pull down the notification tab and accept it. After that it worked automatically any time I got in the car. Hopefully this will work for your Garmin as well.

OP
D

don6060

Reaction score
Drois compatibility with Garmin NUVI 760

Both items have been updated and rebooted together several times. The problem is not with the rebooting, according to the Garmin technition the problem is in the programing and that Droid is not listed as being compatible with that model of GPS.
Thanks,:)
Don

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you look at their compatibility chart mine is not listed either. Guess I just got lucky. Hopefully Garmin will release an update. Try going to the Garmin website and open a support ticket asking if they are going to add this to your model. Can't hurt.

gpsmapper

Reaction score
Are you sure you have the latest firmware on the nuvi, including the newest Bluetooth firmware?