Compuserve "you've got mail"

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Ok, I've looked high and low for this. Heck, if I even had an old Compuserve disc, I could get the sound from there, but I am looking for the old Compuserve version of the "you've got mail" mp3.

I have the male, AOL version and it's set as my work email's default notification. I would like to set the female version of it for my personal gmail but every search I've done only produces the more popular AOL version.

if anyone has a link, a file, whatever, I would be greatly appreciating it. dancedroid

OP
M

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ax3Tt_IcBx4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3Tt_IcBx4&feature=related]YouTube - CompuServe Commercial[/video]

the video is stupid, but if you wait til the 2:40 mark and you hear the saying

"you have mail"

Either way, freedi downloaded it, and trimmed it up and it's now set as my personal email

Thanks for nothing guys... dancedroid lol jk But I found what I needed.

megawatz

Reaction score
OMGWTFBBQ Compuserve! We had that over AOL back in the day. I remember I got my first email address from them.

OP
M

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Me too... that's why I wanted the ''you have mail'' sound.

My first email was my university email as I was at that time where emails were just starting. It quit working though when I graduated. I kept my first aol name though and still use it with aim

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mike93364

Reaction score
I have not searched the site for that file, but I have gotten a lot of ringtones from mobile9.com
All are free to download, just some annoying adds on the site.

Mike

OP
M

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I got a few from there.

Sent from my jitterbug using DroidForums App

daddyb

Reaction score
I've got the AOL "You've Got Mail" in wav and mp3 from back in the day. Is that the same as the compuserve one? I'd upload it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, they were not the same.

CS ... oh the days. I remember when I finally killed it.

After repeated attempts by phone to cancel, without success (they would mark it as cancelled, then charge me again for another month, etc.), after this occurred twice, I got smart and cancelled the CC I had it on, the next month they called me to question why they couldn't charge the card ...

"Sir it appears that your credit card is no longer valid."

"Well, yes, now my account, which I've told you to cancel three times in a row, will now match it's status yes?" And and hung up.

It was good in the day though.