connecting to computer in pc mode and debugging

deadmoney920

Reaction score
I think i have tried everything to connect my Droid X to my pc under the PC mode for debugging but I cant get the connection. And yes I do have the current drivers installed. Under the other modes its says debugging but under PC i cant, thus i cant root and cant get the new froyo. Please any help would be appretiated. Running stock 2.1 cause i just ran
RSD lite and flashed it back to try and reroot

kk4df

Reaction score
What worked for me was going into the Settings and toggling USB debugging off and then back on while connected via USB cable. Give it a shot.

joneee

Reaction score
I know some tutorials say that the debugging icon MUST be present, but I just rooted my DX on PC Mode without the debugging icon present. It worked fine. I couldn't get it to work with Charge Only.

uroborous

Reaction score
HOW TO SET YOUR PHONE INTO PC MODE!!!
step 1: plug it into your computer via the cable that came with it.
step 2: after windows and the phone make noises that tell you they are connected; touch at the top of the screen and drag the notification blind all the way down.
step 3: touch the thing that says "USB connection" when you do a new "window like thingy" will pop up.
step 4: touch the bubble next to "PC mode" then touch the "ok" button at the bottom of the "windowesqe thingamajigger"
step 5: ????
step 6: PROFIT!!!

:iphone: NOW GO GET AN IPHONE4 IT WORKS BETTER AND WILL NOT MAKE YOU WANT TO EAT YOUR OWN SPLEEN FROM SHEER FRUSTRATION.

TInman22

Reaction score
I was able to confirm being connected in PC mode. However, during running doroot.bat, I get to a point where the daemon starts successfully and it is checking for device...". This process seems to hang for a long time. I've stopped and restarted the process numerous times, ensuring that I am in debugging and PC modes.
Does anyone know what comes next? Is there another step I need to take?

JR