Constant freezing

quentin-

Reaction score
I've been running 1.3 since it came out, it is my first and only .340 rom. After about 10 minutes of use after reboot, it becomes slow as molasses with constant freezing all along the way. I've tried wiping data and cache and DC and I've tried reinstalling the rom. Any suggestions? Perhaps I needed to reinstall the kernal?

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I've been running 1.3 since it came out, it is my first and only .340 rom. After about 10 minutes of use after reboot, it becomes slow as molasses with constant freezing all along the way. I've tried wiping data and cache and DC and I've tried reinstalling the rom. Any suggestions? Perhaps I needed to reinstall the kernal?

I'd first check you kernel version in Settings -> About Phone

Should end in g5562e1

If that's correct, I'd honestly try another rom and see how it works out. GummyJar and Drod's Rubix are very solid, they just lack the blur goodies that apex offers. I feel Rubix doesn't give as good battery life either.

Besides that, you can't just keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results. I think somewhere that's defined as insane.

Just test out a different rom and see how that works out for you.

Worst case, get back to stock via sbf and try everything again from the beginning.

OP
Q

quentin-

Reaction score
It ends in g55626e1

And I'm insane now for trying to triage my problem? I included that in my post t o indicate that I tried everything in my ability to resolve this issue, but was unsuccessful, which is why I'm here now

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It ends in g55626e1

And I'm insane now for trying to triage my problem? I included that in my post t o indicate that I tried everything in my ability to resolve this issue, but was unsuccessful, which is why I'm here now

Damn it, I thought I checked that number like 10 times. My wife won't believe that I'm dyslexic and I'm too lazy to actually get tested. You're right, that kernel version is the latest.

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Are you overclocked? That could be something that is effecting it. I know Apex was slow for me and I got reboots until I brought my overclock down by .5 ghz. Kinda forgot that my replacement phone might react differently than my original. Just a thought.

saxman

Reaction score
if my kernel version is gca645b6 what do I need to do to change that? I've been having reboot problems galore...

bigtony

Reaction score
My kernel is also gca645b6, and I'm having some issues, what would need to be done?

OP
Q

quentin-

Reaction score
Are you overclocked? That could be something that is effecting it. I know Apex was slow for me and I got reboots until I brought my overclock down by .5 ghz. Kinda forgot that my replacement phone might react differently than my original. Just a thought.

Yep, but I tried lowering it and it's still very slow.

I really like this ROM, but it's so unusable after a while that it makes me pull my hair out! I guess I'll wait for the GB port to come. Black droid seems to be killing himself trying to tailor it to other phones, but I'm thinking he'll get it out very soon, before anyone else.