Contact list disappears!!

hereistand

Reaction score
This started yesterday. My contact list simply disappeared. Fortunately, I had a backup (using McAfee) and so I RESTORED the backup. An hour later, it was gone. I tried restoring again and while there were over a thousand contacts in McAfee, this time zero contacts were restored and, like yesterday, I get the message "unfortunately contacts has stopped."

Last edited:

wilburthepug

Reaction score
Same problem here...
I can go into the application manager and clear data and the contacts will automatically return, but this happens at least 2 -3 times a day. Any fix other than that?

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
This has been going on about month with mine. I called Verizon and we discovered that you can do a restart (hold down the power button) and get them back right away. Mine usually drops in the evening. The backup approach isn't functioning until the restart.

I may try a complete reset, but was hoping that touted 4.2.1 upgrade would happen sooner.

3/6- Just received 4.1.2 minutes after removing the Samsung account in the contacts because the Kies app was updated yesterday and it said Phonebook was fixed and the list went away last night. This was not the update I was awating, wait to see if it is fixed.

3/9/13 - After a couple of sputters (finish the install) seems back to normal.
3/15/13 - Did complete reset. Apparently Skype is causing the problem and I had to uninstall the app. There is no great need for Skype to load contacts, but it does and apparently VZ is nixing it. Too bad, had great video calls to Sweden. Back to the Desktop!

Last edited: