Current issues I am having with Cyanogen

kieldornddo

Reaction score
First off, let me say I am in love with this mod. I have used a few of the others, and this one suits my purpose just fine. There may be these issues out there already, but I haven't been able to locate them. Currently, these are the issues I am having

1) GPS not working: I have turned it on and off multiple times. I cannot get it to locate me. GPS Tester is registering no information. My Weatherbug app, Navigation, nor Google maps will locate me. (Edit: GPS was working prior to mod install)

2) My camera button will activate the camera, but will not actually capture a picture or video. It is like it is disabled. I am not sure what the camera fix patch on the sticky post is for, but I installed it along with everything else.

3) When in Car Mode on my docking station:
a) When I make a call when on the docking station, the normal buttons (end, speaker, blutooth, dial pad) fill up the entire screen. I cannot put in my password for my voicemail pin because it covers up the dial pad.
b) When someone calls, the answer button is there to swipe, but the ignore button is not. On top of that, the answer button is not working. I have to answer it with my blutooth or take it off the docking station.

Again, loving this mod, but these are the few issues I am having. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
K

kieldornddo

Reaction score
Anyone having any of these problems? I assume that if something messed up during the installation, there would be more problems that these couple of minor glitches. I am assuming of course.

creaky

Reaction score
My GPS has been hit or miss - I'm on nightly 69. However, I've been reading that this more of a vzw issue than cm7. Not sure, though.

The camera button never worked. The camera fix just makes the camera usable.

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

GiZIM

Reaction score
Same goes for the GPS not having the other issues i do have an ignore button when i get a call and it works.

GiZIM

Reaction score
Also yes same issue with the camera button... though also if i take a picture it never saves it in the Gallery so ... the camera is completely worthless

OP
K

kieldornddo

Reaction score
Thanks! That fixed the GPS. I already had that patch for the camera, but I did find where you can assign the volume up/down buttons to take a picture in the settings. I can live with everything else until they get fixed.

Thanks again

k1ng617

Reaction score
yes docking issues i have also. It has a lot of trouble with landscape mode e.g. slide to answer buttons are not in the right direction, the rotary answer is all screwed too.