d2g serious help needed

xnicklopezx

Reaction score
OKAY! here it goes....
I just started messing with rooting and customizing my d2g yesterday...and already today i think i have a paperweight here is everything I have done.
I first rooted using z4root and downloaded clockwork recovery and a few other things i dont think are of real importance.
I was messing around and downloaded and flashed several things to my phone like new battery icon, new boot logo, and attempted to put on several boot animations that i guess were not compatible with my d2g, but didnt seem to affect anything, i deleted them off my sd card anyways. it got bad when i learned about roms. I flashed the liquid one to my phone and got stuck in a boot loop. Found my way out of that one eventually by having to go to recovery thing on phone by holding x during power up and clearing cache and rebooting the whole device. I was actually happy because i ended up with the liquid theme. so i continued on and it asked me if i wanted to connect my whole google acct which i did (maybe it took some bad files from there?) and it started installing all my old apps etc by itself which i was happy about...until i went to flash on something else and i got stuck in another boot loop...this one was/is much worse. I cant do anything about it. I tried getting out of it by doing the factory reset again...nothing i get stuck on the logo and goes nowhere. weird its still the custom logo i put on tho...also i just tried flashing a sbf file to it through holding up during boot up, connecting usb, and using rsd lite....still nothing....im lost....please help!

I think you should re post in global forum this is just droid 2
you may get better help

well.....i think im screwed i was hoping to try the adb command or w/e out but my phone is out of battery now....any way i can charge it without the OS working? lol, also if its this screwed up will the people at the verizon store even be able to tell if i rooted it which voids the warranty? (not even sure if i have a warranty haha)

you need to get phone back to stock, to return for warranty
do you know someone with a droid 1, 2 or 2 g all use same type of battery

no everyone in my family has droid x, and all friends have iphones.....this sucks....i guess its a good thing my birthday is in a few weeks....for my next phone (just assuming this one is dead, i was looking at the adb more and i dont think i couldve even done that) what are some extreme precautions to take? cause i want to root it and make a cool theme, is it just smarter to learn to do it myself with ninjamorph? or am i just stupid and did something wrong with flashing roms?

I bought a charger from ebay for $5 works good, charges just the battery without phone here

edit: always start with full battery, buy a second battery or charger
you can't get to bootloader?
did you try a battery pull, replace battery, press x, then connect charger

Last edited:
thats cool, i think ive given up tho lol, ill buy the charger just for a side project and then maybe sell it or keep it as backup it was free with an upgrade. or maybe find some web of lies to tell so i can wait to give it to verizon lol....i was thinking of getting a droid x anyways, better camera and i never use the slideout keyboard like i thought i would. any idea on how much the phones run? thanks for trying to help i just bombed this phone...guess it taught me to be a little more careful >.<

did something wrong with flashing roms?
did you wipe data, and cache before flashing, make sure rom is for your phone

edit: liquid can take a while to boot the first time

Last edited:
i did not wipe data or cache before flashing, i thought liquid was for droid 2 global. I also cant remember which rom i downloaded before that but i did the same thing (i think i left it out in the first post) but i dont think it was for d2g, but from what i remember it didnt really affect the phone, but there was probably like 3 roms on there at once with all the cache and data and im guessing it just got extremely jumbled up to where theres not much to do...the only way i could see it being fixed is if i can literally take off like all the data on the phone and somehow put every bit of clean data from my computer on it.....but not sure how thats done, i can literally only connect the phone through holding the up key, and it does that 'usb ok' thing...forgot the correct terminology of that screen. but i cant get into the timeclock recovery or anything, and the phone recovery (by holding x on bootup) doesnt fix anything

Back