Deek

Z25RACING

Reaction score
I am getting a black screen when attempting to access my photo gallery. If anyone has experienced this condition and knows what I might do about correcting the issue, please fill me in. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mikey311

Reaction score
1) do you have any automatic task killers running that maybe be messing with the gallery?

2) are you sure you took any pictures to begin with?

OP
Z

Z25RACING

Reaction score
I definately have photos in the gallery and have emailed and texted them to others. I "was" running the task killer and found it annoying as it constantly asked me if I wanted to dump out programs I wasn't using. not sure if it's still running, but I don't see the little green robot guy on the top of my screen anymore. I am able to take a photo, but when I touch the thumbnail photo in the lower left of the screen to view it, I get the black screen. I also get the black screen from trying to access through the gallery icon. Thanks for your help M311. I am lost with this thing. Bought it the first day it came out and haven't spent any time with it yet. My landscape texting disable frequently also forcing me to go the portrait for a minute and then back to landscape. Could really care less about that for tight now. Just need to see my photos. Thanks again.

Mikey311

Reaction score
we're all here to help!

I know this may sound dumb, but have you tried rebooting it? as in turning it off then back on?

When i first got my droid x i ran into a few problems as well. It would reboot on it's own, freeze a lot, battery issues, i would have to take the battery out then back in for it to turn on again, etc. so what i did was back everythign up on my computer and made sure my pictures were on my sd card and what not. removed my sd card, and ran a factory reset. it wipes the phone clean and starts back up like you just bought. I haven't ran into any of the problems i was running into before. now a factory reset should be your last resort, so i would suggest waiting for more people to comment on this before continuing.

Hope this helps!