desktop dock is not charging

Ziggie

Reaction score
I have the bionic's desktop dock which I was using as an alarm clock. It worked well for two months. Now it no longer charges the phone. I liked the fact I could use the phone as an alarm while fully charging overnight

Has anyone else had this problem?

I purchased the dock directly from Verizon. I was thinking of taking it into Verizon.

Anybody have any suggestions?

linuxgator

Reaction score
I don't know if it's anything like the car dock, but I had a similar problem in that the usb plug had receded ever so slightly into the housing and wasn't connecting properly. I opened it up and superglued a piece of plastic in it that would keep it from slipping again and it has worked flawlessly ever since. It may be a different problem altogether though, so maybe taking it in isn't a bad idea.

Milroy

Reaction score
This happened to me a few days ago. The problem for me was the wall charger. Changed it out and good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

myc8e

Reaction score
I have the HD dock and the same thing happened to me after about 2 months. I didn't have my tools with me to check if it was the charger/plug or what, so I just returned it and got a new one from Motorolla. Cost me $7 in shipping to return the old one, but the new one works fine. Was still wondering if it was an inherent problem or just a fluke. Curious myself to see if many others have this problem.

OP
Z

Ziggie

Reaction score
Milroy said:
This happened to me a few days ago. The problem for me was the wall charger. Changed it out and good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the suggestion Milroy! I swapped out the charging cord and it works again!