"Device Not Compatible"

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't understand why, but when I go into the Android Market to update an app, it says that the app is not compatible with my device. For example: Contract Killers, Astro File Manager, and the new Flash Player. Android Market says none of these are compatible with my device, yet I have them downloaded already. Just unable to update these apps. Can anybody shed some light on this for me or tell/show me a fix or solution? Please?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
Go into Manage Apps>Market>and touch Clear data. That will reset the Market back to default. You'll have to choose your account again, but the updates should (in theory) work.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Still saying the apps aren't compatible with my device.

silverfang77

Reaction score
One last thing to try, Google for Market Fix APK, download and run it. It's helped me with Market problems in the past. If you're not comfy downloading APKs from sites, PM and I can send you the APK I used.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
One last thing to try, Google for Market Fix APK, download and run it. It's helped me with Market problems in the past. If you're not comfy downloading APKs from sites, PM and I can send you the APK I used.

Nah, I'm not shy about downloading .apks. I usually do that when I can't find an app on the market. But yeah, I'll Google that real quick.

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well, I figured out why it wouldn't allow updates. I changed the LCD density on my phone and the apps weren't "compatible" with the current density so I had to change it back. Everything is cool now.

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
Was having this problem on my Droid2 as well. I never considered the LCD density would have an affect.

I set the LCD density back to the default of 240, and cleared my market app data. When I went back into the market, I had 15 updates waiting for me!

Thank you both for posting this! Saved me some real trouble!

silverfang77

Reaction score
LCD density? Is that some kind of display setting?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk

NeoPhoenixTE

Reaction score
LCD density? Is that some kind of display setting?
Yep, it's a display setting. You can access it by either modifying a file on the phone, or using the Blade Buddy app.

Setting it to a higher value makes the UI and icons larger, while lower values make the UI and icons smaller. It can really make the interface cleaner looking. It seems to come at a price, as you can see from this thread.

Google away: Let me google that for you

OP
cobravnm13

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I'm glad this has helped at least one person. This is why I post my problems. So others can help solve my problems (if I don't solve them first) and at the same time help other people! :D:D:D