Disabling or deleting stock apps...

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Without rooting...ie NFL mobile app...or even disabling update checks...annoying!!....ICS .211 unrooted RAZR Maxx...

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Reaction score
Without rooting...ie NFL mobile app...or even disabling update checks...annoying!!....ICS .211 unrooted RAZR Maxx...

You will go into the app drawer and long press on the app you want to disable like you are going to move it onto the homescreen. When the homescreen pops up just above it you will see the words "More Options". Drag the app icon to the "More Options" area and drop it there. Which will bring another pop up. You want to tap app info in that pop up. Once you do you will see two buttons at the top. To the left will be the button that says "Force Stop" and to the right the botton will either say "Uninstall Updates" which means you need to clear out the updates for this app before you can disable it. So push that button to clear out the updates. Don't worry if it fails just repeat the process that got you there and try again. Some you have to do a few times. Once you have successfully uninstalled the updates for the app then the button will change to saying "Disable" tap the button and you will know it worked when the button changes to "Enable". Just be careful about what you disable cuz it could cause you problems.

OP
ms4teacher

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Like a charm!!! Thanks!!!