Display is dead now what?

NetNathan

Reaction score
I dont see a forum for the Droid A855??
The display died on my Droid (guess I dropped it 1 too many times).
It rings but I cannot answer. Display is dead to view and touch.
Now I am getting a Razr.
With the display dead... anybody have any ideas how I get the stuff off my old Droid when my Droid Razr arrives?
Since display is dead there is no way to "mount" the Droid when I plug it into the pc.

See sig for my present Droid setup....but add dead display.....

666ogre666

Reaction score
I dont see a forum for the Droid A855??
The display died on my Droid (guess I dropped it 1 too many times).
It rings but I cannot answer. Display is dead to view and touch.
Now I am getting a Razr.
With the display dead... anybody have any ideas how I get the stuff off my old Droid when my Droid Razr arrives?
Since display is dead there is no way to "mount" the Droid when I plug it into the pc.

See sig for my present Droid setup....but add dead display.....

Well you can pull out the sd card and use a card reader to get photos or anything else stored on there but that's about it. You might be able to extract a little from a nandroid if you've got one with the appextractor app. It let's you get texts and apps from a backup.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
NetNathan

NetNathan

Reaction score
Well you can pull out the sd card and use a card reader to get photos or anything else stored on there but that's about it. You might be able to extract a little from a nandroid if you've got one with the appextractor app. It let's you get texts and apps from a backup.

Mostly pics, music and some saved files. I guess the card reader is the path.
I am not too worried about apps. I assume most will come back thru Market when I log into my new Razr when I get it. Aren't Market apps linked to your Google account or is it the SIM card?
If not... I may need my "Market Doctor" or last phone backup from "Titanium Backup" on my old phone?

Last edited:

666ogre666

Reaction score
Yea all the apps should restore when you log in with your google account. Your titanium backup data will still be there too so you could also potentially load it into your new phone and restore all the apps

OP
NetNathan

NetNathan

Reaction score
Mine lost its gold a while ago....I think it is just a cap and probably brass..

-iD

Reaction score
Google "Droid explorer". Browse your droid's internal files in windows just like any other folder.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk