Droid 4- ? Symbol on battery image. Not recognizing batter.

mariav

Reaction score
Hi,
Yesterday my phone all of a sudden has a ? on the battery image. I left the phone charging all night. It didn't charge. Then i changed chargers and it charged. Powered it back up and the ? symbol was gone. My phone then powered off, when i powered it back on, it has the ? symbol again. Everything else is working fine...odd. Can anyone help with this or give me some advice? Would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

Reaction score
I recommend taking your phone into your local Verizon store for evaluation. The Droid 4 has an irremovable battery (not the best idea they've had) which makes it hard to troubleshoot hardware issues such as this on your own. Before you take it in, I recommend backing up all your information to your Google account and your Micro SD card (possibly your computer if that is what you prefer) if your phone will stay on long enough to let you. Their best recommendation may be to order a replacement phone. This way, you wont lose any of your information (or pictures) if the issue progresses, and yet, if they are able to fix it, you will just have an extra back up copy of all your important information.