Droid and Macbook

Dijitalx

Reaction score
I recently discovered an application called bluephone elite. It seemed great at first until I started using it with my droid. It has the capability to do phone and sms from the macbook through the droid via blue tooth which is great for me if i'm working. I don't have to stop every 2 seconds to pick up my phone. However, the sms capability doesn't work with droid and the phone capability makes you manually dial a number, it doesnt sync with the phone book.

Is there any application that will allow you to connect your droid to your mac/book and make calls and send sms on the mac? Using the mic from the mac and a headset or even teh speaker from the mac.. it'd just be like using a more interactive headset. I wouldn't have to pick up my phone every two seconds when I hear it beep.

Any suggestions?

cinematicmatt

Reaction score
tried looking for the app on the marketplace, no luck

is it for the computer side or the phone side?

OP
D

Dijitalx

Reaction score
tried looking for the app on the marketplace, no luck

is it for the computer side or the phone side?

Computer side. It connects to the droid via bluetooth and makes the laptop act as a bluetooth headset essentially...with features

cinematicmatt

Reaction score
just downloaded it, played around with it

really awesome application... it should sync with your contacts.. go back into the preferences (under the bluephone elite 2 heading) and under the bluetooth options (the first tab) make sure that the phone book (readonly) service is checked....

then on the toolbar, click the dropdown menu, then new call. it should bring up a dialogue box, and from there type your contact name

let me know if that works

OP
D

Dijitalx

Reaction score
I was trying to type lower case.. as soon as I started it case sensitive, bam. Thanks man. Now if they can tie it into sms, i'll be in heaven. I appreciate the help.