Droid bionic unofficially coming out April 28th!

Can anyone comment on this...

If I go to Verizon Saturday and buy a Thunderbolt on a 1 year... how long do I have to return it? Could I conceivably buy a Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract, wait 2-3 weeks to see if the the Bionic actually comes out, and then return the Thunderbolt for the Bionic? I know I'd be paying a restocking fee... but the REAL QUESTION... would I be able to keep my 1 year contract if I did that?
Sorry but this won't work. One year contracts are no longer available, only 2 year or no contract. Also, the return period is 14 days.

Can anyone comment on this...

If I go to Verizon Saturday and buy a Thunderbolt on a 1 year... how long do I have to return it? Could I conceivably buy a Thunderbolt on a 1 year contract, wait 2-3 weeks to see if the the Bionic actually comes out, and then return the Thunderbolt for the Bionic? I know I'd be paying a restocking fee... but the REAL QUESTION... would I be able to keep my 1 year contract if I did that?
Sorry but this won't work. One year contracts are no longer available, only 2 year or no contract. Also, the return period is 14 days.

Only online are the 1 year contracts not available. They are still available in the store.

Now to Looney's question: To my knowledge, if you want to keep the 1 year contract (you have 14 days to return the tbolt fyi), then you won't be able to get a new phone at the contract price. But if you wanted to pay the full retail value for a new phone, then yes you could keep the contract

This reminds me of when the 2.0 upgrade was released... or was it the 2.1, or the 2.2...

JERKS - Ever since I started hearing that I have been going into my account and checking the one year upgrade... now it's gone :( I've always liked paying the $20 difference and swapping in a year.... I wonder why they didn't keep the 1 year and just make it more expensive - I always thought only $20 difference was a steal!

Back