Droid Incredible 2 Release Date

cttooch

Reaction score
does anyone know when the Incredible 2 will be released. I saw online somewhere that is suppose to come out Apr 28th. If that is true why isn't there any sign of it on Verizon's site

rovagu22

Reaction score
Wirefly has unveiled that Verizon’s new HTC Droid Incredible 2 would be released on April 28 (just as exected) – although Verizon has still not officially announced the smartphone.

Wirefly posted a video preview of the Incredible 2 on its official website comparing it to the original Droid Incredible, which is a bit smaller (because it has a 3.7 inch WVGA display, instead of a 4 inch WVGA one).

The retailer’s video confirms that the new Incredible is a global smartphone (it’s got a SIM card inside), and it doesn’t support Verizon’s LTE / 4G network.

For the moment, the Droid Incredible 2 can’t be found at Wirefly’s website, but it will be there starting later today – and customers will even be able to pre-order it.

The smartphone will be shipped on April 28, and should cost $199.99 with a new 2-yr contract agreement. It will run Android 2.2 Froyo, but an upgrade to Android 2.3 is likely scheduled for later this year.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Two separate Verizon reps have confirmed April 28th to me on the phone in the last week.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two separate Verizon reps have confirmed April 28th to me on the phone in the last week.

Thanks, I think we're looking for legitimate sources.;)

Just playing with you. Verizon reps are known for being totally uninformed.

I looked around, other then Wirefly I don't see any other confirmation. Personally I would expect a promotion of some type before a release.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score

Thanks, I think we're looking for legitimate sources.;)

Just playing with you. Verizon reps are known for being totally uninformed.

I looked around, other then Wirefly I don't see any other confirmation. Personally I would expect a promotion of some type before a release.

While I agree with your premise, I was on the phone with a Supervisor last night trying to clear up my Thunderbolt debacle (did not get credit for return) and I was assured it would be available on the 28th.

She also admitted "We are always the last to know. Like the Thunderbolt".

Another Verizon rep. had said the same thing on Sunday.

I finally got credit for my return and the last thing she said was "enjoy your new Incredible 2 next week".

Last edited:

bramz

Reaction score
I was in a Verizon store in St. Louis Friday and the store manager let me examine their Incredible 2 demo phone. He felt that it was probable that his inventory for this phone would be delivered to his store today, with a 4/28 release date. He also noted that Verizon was releasing several new phones on the 28th.

I will say that because I live 100 miles from a 4G area that is not even scheduled to receive LTE service at this time, and that fact that the Thunderbolt just felt to bulky for my needs, that the Incredible 2 will be my next phone. The phone felt solid, the screen output and navigation were impressive, and even though the phone offers the 4" screen it somehow felt more comfortable in my hand than any other phone Verizon had on display. The phone actually felt thinner than the actual published depth of the phone.

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i talked to Verizon last night because i broke my OG Droid. i told him that i wanted to upgrade to the DInc 2 and he said that it would be available to all channels on thursday. i can't wait for this phone!