Droid Razr Maxx Stuck in boot loop

ShayH2010

Reaction score
About a week ago my droid razr maxx began restarting on its own operating sluggishly and freezing. Eventually it would turn off and take 10-15 mintues to reload Then it progresssed to being inoperable for an hour and eventually not operating at alI.I called my carrier to troubleshoot the device but they where unable to help me. I ended up purchasing a new device but I was unable to retrieve the photos and other data stored internally in the phone. I some how managed to get the droid razr maxx to start but it wont load (gets stuck on the red eye) or turn off. I'm not really that tech savy so I googled some fixes.I've tried to clear the cache partition and forced soft reboot but nothing. Is there anyway for me to fix the phone without doing a hard reboot and losing all my data?

pclive

Reaction score
About a week ago my droid razr maxx began restarting on its own operating sluggishly and freezing. Eventually it would turn off and take 10-15 mintues to reload Then it progresssed to being inoperable for an hour and eventually not operating at alI.I called my carrier to troubleshoot the device but they where unable to help me. I ended up purchasing a new device but I was unable to retrieve the photos and other data stored internally in the phone. I some how managed to get the droid razr maxx to start but it wont load (gets stuck on the red eye) or turn off. I'm not really that tech savy so I googled some fixes.I've tried to clear the cache partition and forced soft reboot but nothing. Is there anyway for me to fix the phone without doing a hard reboot and losing all my data?

Mine is doing this exact same thing. It was sporadic at first. But the sluggishness thing as been occurring more often over time. Yesterday, the phone rebooted and I thought it was never going to boot back up. It was like 10-15 minutes, though it did eventually boot up. It did that two more times yesterday mainly while I was playing a game. So I removed the game I was playing with the hopes that this wouldn't happen again. It had been running great today when I tried to play a different game that I had installed. I didn't even get past the intro screen when the sound locked up, the screen locked up, and the buttons were not functional. The phone eventually rebooted, but it has yet to get through the boot cycle. The pulsing "M" is stop and go. It's been a couple of hours now. I am still able to press power and volume down to reset, but then I'm just back at the beginning again waiting for the boot cycle to complete. At this time, I can't even turn it off. I just have to wait and see if it is going to boot. Up until now, once it has booted, the phone seems to function ok...at least until I attempted to play that game. Would be great if someone had some insight on this. BTW, my phone has been taken good care of. Otterbox case, I never drop it, it hasn't gotten wet, it's in perfect condition.

ApIvor

Reaction score
Note that Motorola Droid RAZR has a permanent locked bootloader and due to this, it cannot be downgraded to a lower version of Android. Don’t try doing it or you might risk bricking your device.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
I did the same thing to my razr over the summer (not very tech savvy either). If you look on YouTube for "Matt groffs razr utility" that will walk you through the process of taking your razr back to out of the box new...
You will need a computer... Good luck. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine

Sent from my ROOTED HTC DROID DNA - -