Droid X charging indicator?

droidny

Reaction score
When I plug in my DX to charge, I don't see any LED indicator lights to let me know that the phone is charging/finished charging. Is this an oversight with the current OS that affects all DXs or do I just have something wrong with mine?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i cant seem to do it with mine...unless i use tasker to set up a profile when the batterys full to flash teh LED

cpinto

Reaction score
When I plug in my DX to charge, I don't see any LED indicator lights to let me know that the phone is charging/finished charging. Is this an oversight with the current OS that affects all DXs or do I just have something wrong with mine?

When it's charging there is a little lighning bolt in the battery icon (top, right) and it blinks, I believe.

Charge is complete when the battery is solid green, and not blinking.

There is no charging LED on the X.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score

When it's charging there is a little lighning bolt in the battery icon (top, right) and it blinks, I believe.

Yea, except inactivity causes the phone to hibernate and there is no light on the phone itself of charging/full charge, you have to turn the phone back on to see the indicator.

Thats the flaw, imo.

Ansextra

Reaction score
Personally I don't find it a problem to walk over to the phone and press a button to check the status.

cpinto

Reaction score

Yea, except inactivity causes the phone to hibernate and there is no light on the phone itself of charging/full charge, you have to turn the phone back on to see the indicator.

Thats the flaw, imo.

Good Point, but personally I like it that way. The LEDs are so bright, it would light up the room while charging at bedside at night.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score

Thats the flaw, imo.

Good Point, but personally I like it that way. The LEDs are so bright, it would light up the room while charging at bedside at night.

True, as that did occur with my prior phone, I kinda got use to it and still feel asleep. I can see your point though. It would be cool if only the battery icon would stay illuminated, while the rest of the phone was in hibernation.

eugenejw

Reaction score
When charging my Droid X on the bedside table at night using the AC adapter, the screen is dark but a green light keeps flashing at the top, just a little left of center. How can I get that green light to go off? I like to sleep without the light show.

Eugene

Daali

Reaction score
When charging my Droid X on the bedside table at night using the AC adapter, the screen is dark but a green light keeps flashing at the top, just a little left of center. How can I get that green light to go off? I like to sleep without the light show.

Eugene

The flashing green light is "You got mail" notification is it not?

xliderider

Reaction score

Eugene

If you power down the X, it will show a green LED when charging. Don't turn your X off, if you don't want the LED on.

FoFa

Reaction score
Mine flashes a green LED when charging also, on at least (never turn it off).
The same one as the Email notification.