Droid X does not stream Netflix video

TengokuDROID

Reaction score
I got the Netflix app on my Droid X but when I load a video, the video does not play, just a black screen. The timer doesn't even move. DX runs official Android 2.3.

Thing is, my OG Droid is running Cyanogenmod 7.0.3, and it streams just fine.

Anyone know whats wrong?

hbar98

Reaction score
I didn't think there was an "official" GB release for DX yet. I'm running 573 and it works on my phone. It sounds like it has been hit or miss for people. At least, that's what I caught from doing a quick search.

dxgeek35

Reaction score
Try getting a custom rom on you phone like broodcomb 3 or any gb based rom...it works for me on that rom!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jofritz

Reaction score
Im having the exact same issue. Video loads but never starts to play... just a blank screen.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Im having the exact same issue. Video loads but never starts to play... just a blank screen.
What version of Android are you on? Froyo or a leak of GB? Not that it really matters, as I have seen posts from DX owners on Froyo that say its working for them as well as GB users who say it isnt working for them.

1) Make sure you get the "adjusted" .apk from DroidLife or XDA and use it instead of the normal NetFlix app either from the Market or other means

2) Install the Adjusted .apk and see what happens....

3) If it works..awesome...if it doesnt...dont know what to tell ya.

4) For reference, I am running the original P3Droid Pre-rooted/DeoDexxed GB leak paired with Juicemanes GingerJuice theme...and it works on my DX....:)

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the leaked .588 GB installed and I got the dark screen. I went into the Team Black Hat app and installed the .595 leak and it works great now.