Droid X hard reset FAIL

Bigredrush

Reaction score
I have a non-rooted Droid X that I can not finish a hard reset on.
I was using FroYo, then updated to Gingerbread, and that's when the trouble started. (those issues are for another forum...)
I press the power and the home button together, the little android with the triangle pops up, then I press the search key, and then...nothing.
I have to pull the battery to get rid of the little green bot!
I do not have a functioning camera button (thanks to the hard case that quickly ripped it off!).
The phone will boot upon just using the power button, and function normally.
Many thanks to all of you GURU's

lldanll

Reaction score
I just ran into this same issue and found that I needed to hold down both the Volume up and down buttons at the same time instead of hitting the search button when you get to the triangle screen. Also had to use the power button to select options from the menu. Hope that helps.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Obviously try to mess with the button combos mentioned above to get into stock recovery Buuut if this doesn't work and you can't live with the issues you have (you said the phone is functional), then yeah, time to sbf to froyo and try again. I'm staying on liberty (froyo) until I stop reading threads like this one. I'm loving it with no problems at all

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude I know! And I'm on a d2 (pretty much the same though)
If you still having problems with stock recovery try holding volume down and power and home. That may do it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway I hope you get this sorted. I have to get some sleep. I'm going to Florida (Disney) for a few days. Should be sweet. All the best