DroidForums Featured App: DashLinQ Converts Your Phone Into a Car Infotainment System

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DashLinQ-banner.jpg

We wanted to take a moment to highlight an amazing new app from one of our awesome supporting vendors. The folks at GROMAudio put together a creative product called the DashLinQ Car Mode Dashboard. It's basically an app that converts your Android smartphone into a complete car infotainment system!

You will probably want some type of dash-mount to really get the full effect of this app, but once you do that, you will be treated to some very nifty features. DashLinQ even includes Bluetooth and/or GROM Link integration as well as voice controls. It can instantly control music playback, GPS navigation, hands-free phone calls and much more!

Here's a breakdown of the DashLinQ app's full features and pricing info:

* Full GROM HW integration (http://gromaudio.com/store/index.html)
* Home button mapped to DashLinQ while DashLinQ is active (Car Mode)
* Sticky icon always on launcher screen: Screen Lock, Brightness
* Voice command button
* Third party music players integrated for 4.4+
* Weather information for Current or selected location
* Large and contrast Clock
* Activate app via Bluetooth or GROM connection automatically
* Keep screen on while connected to power (optional)
* Metric or Imperial units
* Full screen mode with only most essential notifications enabled
* Large system status bar showing meaningful information only

"For more details, please visit http://gromaudio.com/dashlinq/ and contact us at [email protected]
To report issues, feedbacks and check tips & tricks, visit our community page:
https://plus.google.com/communities/103737582870472791577

We offer 30-day free trial for you to experience DashLinQ. After the trial period, you will be given options to either 1. Upgrade to premium version at $4.99 or 2. Continue premium version with Ads.
"

While it's possible you could get many of these features in multiple separate apps, what makes DashLinQ so impressive is that it brings them all together in one handy place! It's definitely worth checking out!

For folks who want to try GROMAudio's new DashLinQ app, here's a direct link to the Google Play Store: DashLinQ Car Mode Dashboard - Android Apps on Google Play

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Awesome App, I'm just going to go for the premium edition.. Need to support our vendors....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not even going to try it first, Jeffrey?

While I agree it is always nice to support vendors, by paying for apps, let us NOT forget that even using an AD SUPPORTED version certainly does support the vendor/dev.

The dude that made the original Flappy Bird was pulling down like $20,000 PER DAY in just ad revenue. True story.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Not even going to try it first, Jeffrey?

While I agree it is always nice to support vendors, by paying for apps, let us NOT forget that even using an AD SUPPORTED version certainly does support the vendor/dev.

The dude that made the original Flappy Bird was pulling down like $20,000 PER DAY in just ad revenue. True story.
Almost $50K a day in ad revenue.

I tried the application. Worked for the brief moment I used it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I wasn't sure the exact number, so I intentionally posted a lower #. ;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My buddy google knew it. :)

GROMAddict

Reaction score
Website
gromaudio.com
Twitter
gromaudio
Thank you all for trying out DashLinQ. We are improving it everyday, so please enable automatic updates or check often for the updates.
The app is the best if used with Bluetooth while in the car, for music, navigation and hands free. We really would love to hear your feedback and suggestions. Thank you all!