Dropped Phone? dead pixle

David522

Reaction score
I droped my phone first time yesterday and it the top right corner there seems to be a small dead pixel, Im rooted and lazy should i return it?
If you were to hold my phone you wouldnt see any scraches or anything.
What should i do.

R

Romple

Pics of dead pixel? Like cartoons, pixels usually don't truly die. They just get stuck. It's usually possible to unstick it. Of course yours may be truly dead somehow, in which case I'm not even sure if it's enough for a return, unless it's a lot of dead pixels.

If it bothers you a lot try to unstick or, or go back to stock and try to return it. If you complain enough they'll usually warranty anything you can pass as a defect.

OP
D

David522

Reaction score
I know how to complain lol, your saying unstick?
Whatcha mean

R

Romple

How to Fix a Stuck Pixel on an LCD Monitor - wikiHow

This explains well enough. I did the "pressure" and "tap" method to fix an HDTV I bought that shipped w/ a stuck pixel. May or may not work on a Droid screen. I used a stylus from an old WinMO phone and a felt cloth.

But if you can't manage to unstick it I wouldn't be terribly surprised if you can get a warranty. I never saw a return for this when I worked as a rep though.

OP
D

David522

Reaction score
I actually just did this, it actually worked, but i stilll have a very little spot, ill hold onto it for now, but if it gets any bigger its 611 ftw

littlerick

Reaction score
so you dropped it and want verizon to pay for a new one? isnt that stealing since your the one who damaged the phone?