Ear Buds

miami, you should head over to head-fi.org if you like the best sounding audio gear available.. (sorry in advance for your wallet.. i've spent well over $400 since joining there..)

My headphones get beat up with frequent use so I don't like spending a lot on them since knowing they can break pretty easily. I've found these to be the best bang for the buck:

http://www.amazon.com/JBuds-Hi-Fi-Noise-Reducing-Buds-Black/dp/B000IG66VS

or
http://www.amazon.com/Coby-CVE92-Isolation-Stereo-Earphones/dp/B000FOYMKU

I own both and they are literally the same exact thing short of a few design/brand differences. The JBuds come with 3 different bud sizes which is why they are a little more expensive. The sound is little muddy/bass heavy compared to others, but I don't mind that. They also still sound great at high volumes where as others in the same range break up and sound tinny.

I'm sure the typical audiophile would tear these apart, but for $5-10 its great deal.

I have these and I'm getting these

I still carry my iPod touch everywhere because the Droid outputs a generous amount of static in it's audio output. But hey, it's a phone.

Ear buds are going to be a highly subjective matter as different people have very different preferences when it comes to sound quality, fit/comfort, price, durability, etc. I've always liked Etymotic's ear phones, FWIW, but those with a bass fetish would be disappointed in them.

I got the Zagg smartbuds when they were having a 50% off audio sale and they have been solid. The "hanging tight" thing seemed strange at first but now that I have it I like that I can just take out my earbuds and my headphones just hang around my neck ready to be used. Also the in-line mic, volume control, and play/answer buttons are nice. Sound quality has been great from my droid but I am no audiophile, just a normal guy listening to mp3s on his phone but it is good for that. Zagg seems to have sales all the time so definitely try to find a coupon code if you buy from them (you can just google to get to one of those coupon code sites to find a discount).

I just got a set of Sennheiser CX300II precision earbuds to use with my HTC Incredible. They sound great. Good amount of nice tight bass, clear mid range, and brilliant top end. I had no idea earbuds could sound so good, I have always been an over the ear kind of guy. It was kind of an impulse buy but I don't regret it.

I got the Zagg smartbuds when they were having a 50% off audio sale and they have been solid. The "hanging tight" thing seemed strange at first but now that I have it I like that I can just take out my earbuds and my headphones just hang around my neck ready to be used. Also the in-line mic, volume control, and play/answer buttons are nice. Sound quality has been great from my droid but I am no audiophile, just a normal guy listening to mp3s on his phone but it is good for that. Zagg seems to have sales all the time so definitely try to find a coupon code if you buy from them (you can just google to get to one of those coupon code sites to find a discount).

+1 on the Zagg buds they are great and sound better than my Bose buds

Back