Extreme droid 4 GPS issues

realitybias

Reaction score
Guys,

I went 3 years from owning the original droid to finally picking up my new one. It worked for a while, but lately, I've been having bad GPS issues. My original droid would rarely have these issues. Now it takes sometimes 15 minutes for my droid to get a lock on my position. Sometimes it locks me on the wrong position when it does, and mid-drive, it will tell me "GPS connection lost." I don't only mean some of the time either, I mean 99% of the time.

Is there a fix for a bad GPS? I just got this thing a month and a half ago. Should I bring it in to get checked out?

schatzy62

Reaction score
I never have problems with mine. Goes to lock in about 5-10 seconds normally occasionally in a low signal area it may take 20 seconds but never more than a minute.

Sounds like you need to have it replaced.

jliller

Reaction score
My Droid 1 would get GPS signal pretty quickly. My new Droid 4 is slow to get GPS signal; GPS Status app usually tells me it takes 1-2 minutes to get a fix. I've had some times when I can't seem to get a GPS fix at all (or at least no fix for several minutes until I give up).

Did the OP take his phone into Verizon and have it fixed?