Gmail - "sync is currently experiencing problems. it will be back shortly"

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Okay now I am getting this problem, and it seems to be doing it on numerous types of phones, so I can't get a good answer of how to fix this on my Droid X. It seems that only my Gmail is having problems with syncing.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Okay now I am getting this problem, and it seems to be doing it on numerous types of phones, so I can't get a good answer of how to fix this on my Droid X. It seems that only my Gmail is having problems with syncing.
Well, seems thats a Gmail poblem, and since it is affecting more than one brand of devices, its obviously nothing you can repair on your end...wait until Google fixes the issue....

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score
Bah....okay. is there an e-mail program I can use in the meantime?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Bah....okay. is there an e-mail program I can use in the meantime?
As far as what exactly? There are other e-mail programs availabale...Yahoo, Hotmail etc...but if you mean is there some other app that will allow you to get to your Gmail, I would have to say that isnt going to work if GMail is actually having an issue of some sort...

OP
jbhuskers

jbhuskers

Reaction score
I figured it out! I got a program called Power Widget. Installed the Sync toggle widget, flipped it off and back and and taaadaaa Gmail notifications are pushing through now. Something in a setting I couldn't figure out where to get to was shutting sync off, and this widget did wonders.

dj9281

Reaction score
I figured it out! I got a program called Power Widget. Installed the Sync toggle widget, flipped it off and back and and taaadaaa Gmail notifications are pushing through now. Something in a setting I couldn't figure out where to get to was shutting sync off, and this widget did wonders.

This didn't work for me. I've also tried clearing data for contacts and merging contacts. Any other suggestions?