Good Source for Stock Battery?

blakscribe

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good alternative source for an extra stock (NFC) battery? On the Verizon website I see one selling for $39.99, but I've found Verizon in the past to be notoriously overpriced.

I've also found a couple listings on Amazon but when I got ready to check out, the shipping speed was a bit outrageous, something like 18 - 26 business days.

Any thoughts?

johnd09

Reaction score
Buy the extended battery for the galaxy nexus. It's the same size as the S3's stock, physical and mAh.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

kmoff77

Reaction score
Buy the extended battery for the galaxy nexus. It's the same size as the S3's stock, physical and mAh.

so the extended would fit with the same back cover?

OP
blakscribe

blakscribe

Reaction score

I ended up buying an extra stock battery from the Verizon store when I picked up my phone today. I got it for $29.99. I think I got the discount because I have a standing employer discount on my account, 20% off all plans and 25% off most accessories. Damn, I gotta shop at Verizon more often!

As far as the extended battery, could you be more specific and possibly supply a link. After a brief Google search I haven't found any extended batteries with NFC for the Galaxy S III, although I'm sure they will come to market soon enough. But I must say that for now I am happy with having two stock batteries. We'll see how it goes.

As a side note, everybody, use extreme care when removing that back cover. I suspect the clerk at the store cracked mine when he put the SIM card in it. I noticed it a few hours later, returned to the store and after a bit of a hard time initially from this same clerk, had it eventually swapped out (after I asked to speak to the manager!).

johnd09

Reaction score
so the extended would fit with the same back cover?

The Galaxy Nexus' extended battery is 2100mAh, same as the S3 stock battery. The sizes are the same as well, so you may be able to find a nexus extended battery cheaper than a S3 battery. The batteries are the same size from what I've read.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
The Galaxy battery is slightly different in that it is "NFC Enabled" (if that matters to you - it doesn't to me):

NFC Enabled - This battery is equipped with an NFC antenna, allowing your handset to communicate with other devices and accessories equipped with NFC technology.

BamBammm

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good alternative source for an extra stock (NFC) battery? On the Verizon website I see one selling for $39.99, but I've found Verizon in the past to be notoriously overpriced.

I've also found a couple listings on Amazon but when I got ready to check out, the shipping speed was a bit outrageous, something like 18 - 26 business days.

Any thoughts?

There are a couple options all in which are a cheaper price :) :

Amazon.com: galaxy

OP
blakscribe

blakscribe

Reaction score
Well, I have yet to use this NFC feature so those other batteries are beginning to look more and more appealing. Besides, I need a wall charger!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2