Google Reveals the Pixel-C Chromebook/Android Tablet Hybrid

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pixel-c-2015.JPG

Google surprised us with an all new product, called the Pixel-C. It's basically a brand new Android Tablet with similarities to the Chromebook, in a hybrid/combo format. Here's the full specs for Google's latest creation:
  • 10.2-inch tablet with a 308 pixel-per-inch screen
  • NVIDIA X1 quad-core processor and integrated Maxwell GPU
  • 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • USB Type C for charging
  • A colorful light bar to indicate how much battery life is left
  • Optional magnetically attaching keyboard and the ability to prop up the display like a Chromebook or Notebook
  • The keyboards can stick to the front, to protect the screen, or to the back, when using it as a tablet.
  • The keyboard itself is Bluetooth, and will inductively charge from the tablet unit when closed
This is actually a sneaky little "dark horse" product for the Google event. Those crazy Googlers just through this device in at the last minute. Here's the pricing details: 32GB will cost $499, 64GB $599, and the keyboard is $149. We will update with availability info when that becomes available.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm very intrigued by this device. Looking forward to reviews and hands-on videos. I got the Remix ultra tablet for a killer deal, but you need a flat surface to use the darn thing. It's also a bit ridiculous to use in portrait mode without the keyboard.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Interested but not pre-ordering. Lets see so real world reviews. I thought I saw through the video that it had more of a trapezoid space. But that could have been camera angle tricks.

6c44731770aacefda73bf17a8a260f6120c94fa2.png

13978014015_d39465468b_k-1080x675.jpg

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The Android tablet market just got smacked.