Google Voice

chadgqx

Reaction score
Ok i just bought this from ebay for 1.79 ... cause google wouldnt send me one... now in preparation how does one set this up with the Droid?

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Chad

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You do the set up on the internet. Then after you set it up on the internet just press the voice icon and follow the directions there. It's not complicated.

Make sure that you set your notifications on the internet to none, otherwise notifications will come from Verizon and that will cost against your text messaging plan.

OP
C

chadgqx

Reaction score
WOW very cool... i opted to just use my droid number.... but thinking that it would be nice to do the new number thing.... I get unlimited text so i left that on... how cool is that to get a text to your phone with the message translated!!

gotta love google and droid!!!

Chad

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend getting a GV number. You can always opt to use your existing number and use GV only as enhanced voicemail if you go get a GV number. In other words, you have more options available to you if you get the GV number.

As for voicemail notifications you can get them by SMS or email. Personally, I prefer the latter.

Don't overlook the Google Voice app.

romeov

Reaction score
welcome to the wonderful world of google voice!

I ordered my Google Wave invite on ebay as well, it cost me like a buck. I understand it's frustrating for some users on here not getting one, but when you can get one there for a dollar, I don't understand why you wouldn't.. you must not want it that bad I guess. I honestly would pay every MONTH for GV service