Google's Nexus 5X is Now In Stock and Available at Amazon and B&H Photo Video in the US

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-5x-amazon.jpg

Up until now, the only way to get a new Nexus 5X was to buy it on the Google Play Store. Luckily, it is a bit more readily available thanks to it going on sale at Amazon and B&H Photo. The phone is selling for the same price at both retailers, and that happens to be the same price you will find it on the Play Store as well: $379 for the 16GB Version and $429 for the 32GB version.

As a reminder, the Nexus 5X will work on all US carriers as it contains the necessary GSM and CDMA radios. Here's a recap of specs too:
  • 5.2-inch 1080p display
  • 6-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
  • Fingerprint sensor on the back
  • 12.3 MP camera with laser auto focus and 4K video recording
  • 5 MP front-facing camera
  • 2 GB of RAM
  • USB Type-C port
  • 2700 mAh battery
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Below we have a couple of links to these retailers' web landing pages so you can order one from them if you so desire.
Also, stop by our dedicated Nexus 5X section for further discussion: Nexus 5X (2015) | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the direct link to Amazon! Sadly and surprisingly, a quick search for the 32GB at Amazon brings up an unexpected number of sellers who've listed the phone for more than the asking price. In this case, I even kinda wonder if it makes sense to buy from Amazon, since -- if you find the RIGHT listing (LOL) -- it's the same price as buying direct from Google's Play store. Maybe Amazon will have mercy and drop the price a few bucks around Black Friday? I wonder.

Anway, the 5X is definitely on my radar. The other two are the HTC A9 (though not really now, since getting it to work on Verizon is a hot mess of ugly) and the Droid Maxx 2. It's too bad I'll have to decide between fast updates, a great camera and a fingerprint sensor (5X) vs. an outstanding battery plus expandable storage (Maxx 2).

-Matt

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thanks for the direct link to Amazon! Sadly and surprisingly, a quick search for the 32GB at Amazon brings up an unexpected number of sellers who've listed the phone for more than the asking price. In this case, I even kinda wonder if it makes sense to buy from Amazon, since -- if you find the RIGHT listing (LOL) -- it's the same price as buying direct from Google's Play store. Maybe Amazon will have mercy and drop the price a few bucks around Black Friday? I wonder.
-Matt
A lot of private sellers also sell on Amazon, similar to Ebay, but much safer imo. But the same in that you can list a product for whatever price you want.

S5 tap'n

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yep, count me as one of those private, third-party Amazon sellers. But I don't recall listing something higher than the first-party listing (in fact I've always been lower*)! That feels a bit like preying on the...not-so-price savvy. ;) Caveat emptor!!!

-Matt

* Oops, that's a bit misleading -- I should confess that I've only ever sold pre-owned items, so of course they're under the new price.

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I'm a seller on Amazon too but not with new products either and not to resell at a higher price. But that being said, if you can get more than retail for an item and people are willing to pay, have at it.

S5 tap'n